Profile include support, round 2

Ezra Peisach epeisach at MIT.EDU
Thu Aug 26 08:18:54 EDT 2010

  The biggest danger in my mind on allowing an include in the middle of
a section is what happens if someone
forgets to close a brace before the include.  This could potentially be
a support nightmare in that
people will not be able to tell where their definitions are going in
this case...

I think a tool that reads in the profile and writes out a single file
will be essential for people figuring out
how things work - and administrators - who want to make sure things look
right (especially with includedir support)... And support desks who
could then say - run this program and send me the results - which will
list the
full profile in effect...

Ezra