Profile include support, round 2

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 24 13:38:52 EDT 2010

Greg Hudson <ghudson at MIT.EDU> writes:
> On Tue, 2010-08-24 at 11:45 -0400, Nicolas Williams wrote:

>>> Following remctl's lead, includedir only parses files with names
>>> containing alphanumeric characters and underscores.

And dashes, I assume, if you're following remctl.

>> In any particular order?

> No particular order (which is also true of remctl, as far as I could
> tell).  For the currently envisioned use cases involving plugins, I
> don't think there's any ordering dependency.

It is also the case in remctl, but only because that's a missing feature
that I haven't gotten around to adding, mostly because sorting a directory
is annoying to do in C.  I don't think it's a big deal, but I do think
it's a nice-to-have for the reasons that Nicolas stated.