Profile include support, round 2

Nicolas Williams Nicolas.Williams at oracle.com
Tue Aug 24 12:17:11 EDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 11:54:27AM -0400, Greg Hudson wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-08-24 at 11:45 -0400, Nicolas Williams wrote:
> > > Following remctl's lead, includedir only parses files with names
> > > containing alphanumeric characters and underscores.
> >
> > In any particular order?
>
> No particular order (which is also true of remctl, as far as I could
> tell).  For the currently envisioned use cases involving plugins, I
> don't think there's any ordering dependency.

In general I'd prefer deterministic behavior.  Yes, I know, readdir
order is typically deterministic, so if you use readdir order then
includedir order will be deterministic as well -- not manageable, but
deterministic.  But I can live with this -- if people want include order
other than readdir order then they shouldn't use includedir.