reindenting

Nicolas Williams Nicolas.Williams at sun.com
Wed Oct 28 17:28:04 EDT 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 05:08:34PM -0400, Tom Yu wrote:
> Nicolas Williams <Nicolas.Williams at sun.com> writes:
>
> > Will re-indenting also re-wap long lines?
>
> The automated procedures will not rewrap long lines.  Doing so has the
> potential to render the code very unreadable, so I plan to leave this
> for future manual efforts.

What indentation style will you use?  Will you expand tabs?  What will
be the length of the longest line after re-indentation?

You might not be able to answer the last question till you're almost
done, of course :)  Not that I mind line lengths past 80 columns, but I
do mind line lengths past around 110-132 columns.

(For me line length tolerance is a function of screen width and/or
aspect ratio, resolution and font sizes.  110 columns is almost always
something I can live with.)

Nico