Windows LSA under a non-Windows domain

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Mon Oct 26 17:08:38 EDT 2009

Santiago Rivas wrote:
> After installing both "*Windows 2000/XP support tools" *and "*Windows
> 2000/XP Resource Kit" *I run kerbtray but no credentials are found (list is
> empty).
>
> Searching the web, I've found the link
> http://mailman.mit.edu/pipermail/krbdev/2003-December/002106.html where you
> give the steps to set MSLSA cache for a non-Microsoft KDC. But when I run
> ksetup.exe I get the errors described in the attached file
> (ksetup_error.txt)
> Could you please help me?

That note was from 6 years ago. There is a ksetup for XP SP2
Google for:  site:microsoft.com ksetup download

The LSA would be empty unless you logged into XP using  AD or Samba
using Kerberos.  (The Microsoft kinit or runas should also update the LSA.)

Are you using NTLM by chance?

If you are using Samba, you might be better off asking your questions
on how to setup a Samba client to use Kerberos on that last.