Error calling function protocol status: 1312

Max (Weijun) Wang Weijun.Wang at Sun.COM
Wed Oct 14 08:00:03 EDT 2009

Java tries to get the credentials cache (ccache) from Windows LSA if
you specify useTicketCache=true in the JAAS config file. In some
cases, Java believes there's a ccache at the beginning, but finally it
cannot get one. For example, you login as a AD account but then purge
the TGT using klist or kerbtray. Then, you will see this error.

Without the ccache, Java will try the Kerberos login itself, you'll
need to provide username and password in your program.

-- Max