prefer Python for new scripts?

Ezra Peisach epeisach at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 3 13:34:40 EST 2009

On 11/03/2009 11:53 AM, Sam Hartman wrote:

> I definitely think that using Python is fine.  I also think that
> moving away from the existing dejagnu tests would improve
> maintainability.
>
> --Sam

One of the challenges with dejagnu is getting it to run with the test
suite... Sometimes the fault is dejagnu, sometime expect. Under Fedora
9/10/11 expect has issues with the newer tcl and dynamic loading of the
clock module... I have to use a static compiled version of expect with
an older tcl version to avoid the problem...
So - if someone could write the equivalent in python that is standalone
w/o esoteric software being installed  - I am all for it...

Ezra