Authenticating using lower case domain/realm

Luke Howard lukeh at padl.com
Wed Mar 11 01:00:55 EDT 2009

I was looking into implementing support for name canonicalization /
UPNs in pam_krb5. In the PAM case, the canonicalized name may be used
for authorization to the host system. We can't rely on the name
returned in the AS-REP because it is unprotected.

So, I think we need to introduce a krb5_verify_init_creds() variant
that returns the canonicalized name from the host service ticket. I
propose either krb5_verify_init_creds_canonical() with an extra
krb5_principal * argument, or a more general
krb5_verify_init_creds_ext() API.

Thoughts?

-- Luke

--