Preliminary discussion: DB alias entries

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Mon Mar 9 18:35:40 EDT 2009

    Zhanna> I would look for MIT Kerberos own OID number for any attr
    Zhanna> if we cannot find one among the existing OIDs, created by
    Zhanna> different vendors.  Otherwise, I would reuse the existing
    Zhanna> and registered one, created by Novell, or Sun, or IBM or
    Zhanna> anyone else.  Of course, we cannot modify vendors OID as
    Zhanna> they are strictly assigned to the organization.
I think reusing Novell attributes is fine for this schema.  My concern
about other vendors would be to what extent they are coordinating with
us before changing the semantics of their attribute.

Also, I'd want to make sure that the OID was stable nad that the
vendor in question had good OID management practices.

However I'll admit that I'm very conservative in this sort of space.