// comments

Henry B. Hotz hotz at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Jan 9 13:27:48 EST 2009

On Jan 7, 2009, at 9:14 AM, krbdev-request at mit.edu wrote:

> Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 11:33:47 -0500
> From: Ken Hornstein <kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
> Subject: Re: // comments
> To: krbdev at mit.edu
>
>> Call me old fashioned, and at the risk of getting involved in the
>> sort
>> of discussion I would normally stay out of, but something irks me
>> about // comments in C code.
>
> +1
>
> --Ken, old fashioned programmer

I might or might not agree per-se, but it seems to me that how you
delineate right-of-code comments is pretty minor compared to the
things we really need to worry about:

1) code correctness
2) ease of accepting "free" contributions
3) ease of code maintenance

I guess that equates to "allow //, at least for right-of-code
comments".  I'll shut up now.

Henry.B.Hotz at jpl.nasa.gov, or hbhotz at oxy.edu