Does the development team have recommendation on pam_krb5?

Nalin Dahyabhai nalin at redhat.com
Fri Feb 13 13:01:05 EST 2009

On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 10:17:44AM -0700, Glenn Machin wrote:
>  From what I can tell there are 2 sources for pam_krb5.
>
> It is my understanding that Fedora/RedHat uses 2.2/2.3 version while
> Solaris 10, Ubunto/Debian use 3.X version maintained by Russ Allbery.
> From what I can tell they are divergent code branches.

I don't think Russ's is derived from the one we use, which started its
life as a rewrite of the one that preceded it.  Based on its man page, I
doubt Sun's is related to either.

Preauth settings are settable in 2.2.19 and later.  Mapping from user
names to principal names is configurable using regular expressions.

Cheers,

Nalin