Unit tests of internal functions

John Hascall john at iastate.edu
Wed Dec 30 10:07:04 EST 2009

> Libtool sucks.

If I have trouble building some package, it seems that libtool
is nearly always the culprit and good luck fixing them because
the three people in the world who really understand this steaming
pile of technology have got better things to do.

>                So, for example, a (Heimdal) libkrb5.so built against
> OpenSSL 0.9.8 will have a different soname from the same version of
> libkrb5.so built against OpenSSL 0.9.7.  This turns out to be really
> important when you have complex applications with multiple direct and
> indirect dependencies on the same library.

This, however, is also very true (*coughs and looks in the direction
of com_err*)

John