Unit tests of internal functions

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Tue Dec 29 16:13:05 EST 2009

Ezra Peisach <epeisach at MIT.EDU> writes:

> Years ago I tried to use libtool in the krb5 tree - but it was amazingly
> slow on the computers available. The source tree has been trimmed - but
> you are still talking about a 9600 line shell script being executed for
> every object. (yes - all code paths are not used - but you get the
> picture).

It will be substantially slower.  I used to avoid it for the same reason
with INN builds.  However, hardware has gotten drastically faster, so I
personally no longer consider this a blocking issue, although of course it
would still be nice if libtool were faster.

> In my mind the real outstanding issue w/ libtool/automake, etc is the
> windows O/S code.

I believe it will make matters no worse than they already are.