Unit tests of internal functions

Jeffrey Hutzelman jhutz at cmu.edu
Mon Dec 28 15:49:03 EST 2009

--On Monday, December 28, 2009 03:11:35 PM -0500 ghudson at mit.edu wrote:

> 3. During make check, build a second version of each shared library
> with no restricted export list, and link test programs against that.

This is what sprang to mind as I read your description of the problem.
Building static libraries would also work, but is going to significantly
increase the amount of storage required during 'make check'.  On the other
hand, it may result in more reliable tests, since you don't have to depend
on being able to force runtime linker to pick the library under test
instead of some already-installed one.