Services4User review

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Thu Aug 27 08:23:41 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-24 at 17:14 -0400, Nicolas Williams wrote:
> Putting parens around return expressions is a Solaris C-style dictum.
> If this code is based on Solaris' libgss, then I recommend adhering to
> the Solaris C-style if possible, for now.

To sort of close the loop on this:

* For now, it is preferrable for to use the Solaris C style within those
parts of libgss (specifically mechglue).  So, ignore my formatting
comments within that directory where they disagree with the Sun
guidelines.

* The eventual fate of that code is a bit unclear unclear.  Will didn't
think there were any particular plans for a merge in one direction or
the other, but I'm still concerned that we might want to retain merge
compatibility if only for the sake of shuttling patches back and forth.
(For instance, I think I may have discovered a memory leak in the
mechglue gss_accept_context, which Sun might be interested to know
about.)