Validating Kerberos tickets

Douglas E. Engert deengert at anl.gov
Tue Aug 25 12:33:04 EDT 2009

Santiago Rivas wrote:
> Well, both the KDC and the client-side of the application are
> running on different Debian GNU/Linux machines. But the client could also be
> executed on a Windows machine, since it is written in Java.
>
> You are right, Douglas, the server-side of my application is currently
> running on a Windows machine, but I'm planning the development of the
> same functionality for a Linux machine. So the challenge is to write it in
> C, but I don't know where to download C GSSAPI libraries from... Are there
> any free C GSSAPI frameworks availible on the web to download?

The MIT Kerberos comes with the GSSAPI library and headers, so I am not sure what
your are missing. When you say framework, are you looking for examples, or how to
avoid having to make the GSSAPI calls yourself.  There are lots of gssapi examples
available, including the ones in the Kerberos distribution, in the  appl/gss-sample
directory.

One example of this is the Globus GSSAPI assist libraries, that do some of the GSSAPI
calls for your. It was originally designed to work with the Globus gsi mechanism
but should work as well with the Kerberos mechanism.