Integration of k5start/krenew functionality

Ken Hornstein kenh at cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Sat Aug 1 18:33:10 EDT 2009

>So I'm leaning towards keeping the external command hook (the
>aklog-shaped hole) and make people use pagsh for the PAG if necessary.
>That's probably a good reason not to use the names k5start and krenew.

Just my two cents ...

If my choices are to use Russ's commands (k5start and krenew) or use some
combination of pagsh/MIT programs that may know about aklog .... well,
the choice is easy: I would use Russ's programs in a heartbeat.  It's
just easier (I have enough time getting the levels of quoting right
when using multiple levels of shell interpretation .... I can't imagine
what an unsophisticated user would do).

If the goal is to support AFS, then I think you should go whole-hog.  If
you're only going to support it half-assed ... well, what is the point,
exactly?  If there are other possible consumers of this functionality,
then of course this makes sense.

--Ken