Integration of k5start/krenew functionality

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Sat Aug 1 15:52:24 EDT 2009

Greg Hudson <ghudson at MIT.EDU> writes:

> So I'm leaning towards keeping the external command hook (the
> aklog-shaped hole) and make people use pagsh for the PAG if necessary.
> That's probably a good reason not to use the names k5start and krenew.

Unless you're adopting the programs verbatim and will be tracking
upgrades, I would prefer that you didn't use the names regardless,
although you may if you want.  I have no intention of stopping you or
anything, but I think it would be confusing to have multiple programs with
the same name but different functionality or different flags, and it would
cause us problems in Debian and at Stanford if the MIT Kerberos
distribution conflicted with the kstart package.