option letter for kinit fast

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 13 11:30:42 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-04-13 at 10:48 -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
> I'd like to add an option to kinit to set the name of the FAST ccache.

This option is specifically for using a pre-existing ccache as a ticket
armor, right?  If, in the future, we are doing anonymous pkinit to
derive the armor ticket, then kinit will presumably create its own
credentials to use for that; if we are doing some future EKE-like armor,
then we won't use a separate credentials cache at all.

Here's the current getopt string in MIT krb5's kinit:

  "r:fpFP54aAVl:s:c:kt:RS:vX:CE"

Zhana's suggestion of 'A' is taken for no-addresses.  'f' and 'F' are
also taken.  It looks like 'T' is available (for "ticket-based armor").