thoughts/issues making MIT krb code fit for drop-in to Solaris

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Fri Sep 19 19:25:52 EDT 2008

On Sep 19, 2008, at 17:00, Nicolas Williams wrote:
>> For the file locaitons, are there necessary changes beyond specifying
>> special options to the configure script?
>
> I don't think so.  But wasn't there a plan to fold kdc.conf into
> krb5.conf?  What's the status of that?

In our current code, the KDC will read kdc.conf + krb5.conf, and use
the combined result for its data, as will other KDC-side programs.  We
haven't stopped it from reading kdc.conf, and probably won't any time
soon for compatibility, but you can omit the file and put everything
into krb5.conf if you want.

Ken