Apple Configuration Information?

Henry B. Hotz hotz at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Sep 3 15:47:17 EDT 2008

Generic Unix has the config file as /etc/krb5.conf.

MacOS prefers /Library/Preferences/edu.mit.Kerberos.

Now I find that under some circumstances MacOS will give preference to
some configuration information somewhere else.  It has something to do
with Open Directory;  however I can delete everything in /Library/
Preferences/DirectoryService (and reboot) and it *still* overrides the
others.

Where is it?

(I'd be willing to burn a DTS incident on this if you want, but I
figure they'd have to ask you guys anyway.  One Apple employee is
bcc'd if anyone cares.)

Henry.B.Hotz at jpl.nasa.gov, or hbhotz at oxy.edu