questions about entry->mkvno logic in kadm5_get_principal()

Will Fiveash William.Fiveash at Sun.COM
Fri Oct 17 15:40:45 EDT 2008

In src/lib/kadm5/srv/svr_principal.c:kadm5_get_principal()
there is this logic:

    if (handle->api_version == KADM5_API_VERSION_2)
         entry->mkvno = 0;
    else {
         /* XXX I'll be damned if I know how to deal with this one --marc */
         entry->mkvno = 1;
    }

Any idea as to why mkvno differs depending on the KADM5_API_VERSION?
I'm also wondering if that logic is correct if KADM5_API_VERSION is
incremented (so mkvno should be 1?).

I'm asking this because I'm modifying the code at this point to look up
the mkvno in the entry's new KRB5_TL_MKVNO tl_data but if that doesn't
exist then mkvno will be assigned a fall back default value and I want
to make sure it's the correct value.

--
Will Fiveash
Sun Microsystems Inc.