"Secure coding" audit checkers and Kerberos

John Hascall john at iastate.edu
Wed Oct 15 17:54:48 EDT 2008

> > At some point we need to just tell people to join the 21st^H^H^H^Hlate
> > 90s and run something vaguely compliant with standards and with at
> > least some attention to security.

> Agreed.  See also "Supported platforms" (which I am working on
> clarifying).  I think that our resources can be better spent on modern
> and security-conscious platforms.

I also agree IFF either:
  a) it is known that all supported platforms have safe implementations, or
  b) it is known which don't and a known safe alternative is provided and used

Since "Supported platforms" is, at the moment, somewhat nebulous
I'm not sure that statement can be made (at this time).

John