Review ofhttp://k5wiki.kerberos.org/wiki/Projects/PAC_and_principal_APIs ending January 10

Luke Howard lukeh at padl.com
Tue Dec 23 17:56:41 EST 2008

>>> #define KRB5_PRINCIPAL_UNPARSE_SHORT 1 #define
>>> KRB5_PRINCIPAL_UNPARSE_NO_REALM 2 #define
>>> KRB5_PRINCIPAL_UNPARSE_DISPLAY 4
>
>    Ken> ... which mean what precisely?
> Luke?

Again, these are from Heimdal.

KRB5_PRINCIPAL_UNPARSE_SHORT -- omit the realm if it is the local realm.
KRB5_PRINCIPAL_UNPARSE_NO_REALM -- omit the realm always.
KRB5_PRINCIPAL_UNPARSE_DISPLAY -- don't escape.

>>> #define KRB5_PRINCIPAL_PARSE_NO_REALM 1
>
>    Ken> Absence of realm is okay?  Discard the supplied realm?
> Luke?

KRB5_PRINCIPAL_PARSE_NO_REALM omits the realm in the parsed principal.

>>> #define KRB5_PRINCIPAL_PARSE_MUST_REALM 2
>
>    Ken> "Realm" not verb.  Better name?  "Require"?
>
> If this is shipping in Heimdal, I think we should keep it.
> Otherwise I'm happy to change.

I believe it is shipping in Heimdal. KRB5_PRINCIPAL_PARSE_MUST_REALM
requires that the to-be-parsed name has a realm component.

--luke