RRC and sign_only

Greg Hudson ghudson at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 17 10:47:51 EST 2008

On Wed, 2008-12-17 at 08:13 +0100, Stefan (metze) Metzmacher wrote:
> I think it don't make sense to have different semantics depending on
> which api an application uses. And we should allow every per RFC valid
> request with any api.

If you are using the IOV API in non-stream mode, you are not really
using the RFC wire format; you're using an extension.  It's reasonable
for this extension to have restrictions not imposed by the RFC.

Put another way, it makes sense to have different semantics depending on
which API an application uses *if* the different API usages are for
different network protocols.