Building KfW 3.2.2

Steve Edgar se10 at cornell.edu
Tue Aug 19 17:17:10 EDT 2008

I am trying to build KfW 3.2.2, and am in search of additional info
and/or settings.  I downloaded KfW-3-2-2-src.zip and unzipped it.  I
followed the instructions in ...

file:///C:/kfw-3-2-2-final/src/doc/kerberos/relnotes.html#build

... and in ...

c:\kfw-3-2-2-final/src/athena/auth/sc/windows/build/bkw-automation.html

I have ...

Windows XP Pro version 5.1 Service Pack 3
Visual Studio .NET 2003
A recent release of the Platform SDK
ActivePerl 5.8.8
doxygen 1.5.1-p1
Cygwin
WiX Toolset Visual Studio Package
Nullsoft Install System
HTML Help Workshop
CVSNT
CollabNet Subversion 1.5.0

All Visual Studio and Platform SDK environment variables are set for a
command line build, and all the required utilities are on the (very
long) path.

Then I ...

cd c:\kfw-3-2-2-final/src/athena/auth/sc/windows/build
bkw.pl /v /config bkwconfig.xml

... and get ...

"Could not open pismere/athena/include/kerberos.ver"

... and in bkw-automation.html it says ...

"You skipped the repository step and try to build in an empty
directory."

BKWconfig.xml as delivered is configured to skip the repository step.
Change BKWconfig.xml to checkout sources.  Run ...

bkw.pl /v /config bkwconfig.xml

... and get ...

"Fatal -- you won't get far accessing the repository withouth
specifying a username."

Use my e-mail address as my username in BKWconfig.xml.  Run ...

bkw.pl /v /config bkwconfig.xml

... and get ...

"cvs [checkout aborted]: the :kserver: access method is not available
on this system."

... which is referring to the default CVSROOT entry in BKWconfig.xml.

Do I need different settings in BKWconfig.xml?  Or perhaps a different
version of CVS or Subversion?

It is a long story, but I only need to build gssapi32.dll, to insert
one line of code which will pop Cornell's password dialog box, which
lives in an old Cornell DLL.  Any chance there is a short cut I could
use to just build the gssapi32.dll source against the KfW 3.2.2 SDK?

Also, just curious... why distribute the KfW 3.2.2 source files if the
build process requires they be downloaded from the source code control
server?

-- Steve.