krb5-1.6.3-beta2 is available

John Hascall john at iastate.edu
Sat Oct 6 14:47:25 EDT 2007

> On Oct 5, 2007, at 23:49, John Hascall wrote:
> > cc: Error: ../../include/k5-platform.h, line 565: Missing ")".
> > (closeparen)
> >             | ((uint32_t) p[1] << 16)
> > --------------------------^
> >
> > which I believe is due to uint32_t not being defined at this point.
> >
> > ./configure --prefix=/usr/athena --localstatedir=/var/athena --with-
> > krb4 \
> >   '--with-ccopts=-g -std1'
> >
> > uname -a says:
> > OSF1 malison.ait.iastate.edu V4.0 1229 alpha
>
> We don't have a functioning Tru64 test box at the moment, and when we
> did, we only had V5.1 to test with.  I'm not surprised the support
> for V4.0 has problems.  (I'm curious why you still use 4.0 when 5.1
> has been out for so long, though.)

When we decided to move away from OSF/1 V4.0F was current
-- we've largely just let sleeping dogs lie -- now this dog
has woken up and bit us in the soft spot I guess.

> I suspect the block in k5-platform.h where we include stdint.h and/or
> inttypes.h needs to be updated to do something helpful on older
> platforms like this.  I assume you have neither of these headers?
> Where, if anywhere, are uint32_t and the like defined?

Neither of these files are present under OSF/1 V4.0F (or earlier)
(were they under V5.x?) so the {u,}int{8,16,32,64}_t types have
to be manually typedef'd.

After beating this one several times through the source tree
I'm thinking the easiest fix will be to simply create a
suitable stdint.h and start building again.

John