mediawiki as a choice of wiki software

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Thu Oct 4 13:30:36 EDT 2007

Steve Buckley said that he believes the consortium will want some
access controlled stuff.  He proposes that we gather requirements over
January set up a couple of trial implementations and choose one.

My personal preference is to separate our (krbdev's) needs from the
consortium's needs.  I think we want to make rapid progress on opening
up participation from the outside in MIT Kerberos.  I think it is a
better tradeoff to accept the probability that the consortium may ned
up using a different wiki for its members only content than we do for
our public content.

Going through any process more complicated than I choose some software
and go set it up requires more investment of time than I have.  If we
think that's necessary then we should go through that process.
However I will not spend any time on trying to open participation
until that concludes.  Others with more time can of course work on
that sort of thing.