replacing MIT's ASN.1 code

Nicolas Williams Nicolas.Williams at sun.com
Mon Nov 12 18:06:35 EST 2007

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 01:43:25PM -0500, Ezra Peisach wrote:
> According to the FAQ - the asn1c compiler is tied to GCC-specific
> extensions - so it might not be so portable - but I suspect that the
> generated code will be.

Hmmm, either way, GCC extensions are starting to spread (our compilers
support a subset of them).  I'm not sure that use of GCC extensions,
either in the compiler or in its output is sufficient to reject it (for
me any ways[*]), though it's certainly something to consider in making a
decision.

[*]  Go ahead, be surprised :)

Nico