replacing MIT's ASN.1 code

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Mon Nov 12 16:09:39 EST 2007

On Nov 12, 2007, at 10:08, Kevin Coffman wrote:
> Sorry that I failed to mention this before.  There is another free
> asn.1 compiler/library which has been under development for a while.
> I don't know whether it meets the needs of Kerberos.
>
> http://lionet.info/asn1c/

Yep, I've seen that too.  The main reason I'm looking harder at a2c
is its promotion within the IETF context, not from any actual
detailed comparison of features or flaws.  I'm pretty sure asn1c,
too, would want to generate its own data structures rather than using
our existing ones, so many of the porting issues would be present
either way.

Ken