Kadm and KfW

Ken Raeburn raeburn at MIT.EDU
Wed May 23 13:41:50 EDT 2007

On May 23, 2007, at 9:27, Guus Leeuw jr. wrote:
> is anybody working on a port of the kadm5 library to the Windows
> platform?
>
> If not, could a company pinch in and do a port like that, provided
> the port as
> such will be part of the License under which MIT Kerberos is
> delivered, or
> would there be any objections against that?

There isn't any work happening in that area that I'm aware of.  We
talk about wanting to eventually have the whole package work on
Windows, including a Windows-hosted KDC, but we haven't scheduled any
actual work on it just yet.

We'd be glad to get patches contributed under such terms, sure.  No
promises about integrating them without seeing the changes first, of
course; and it would probably be best if you work closely with us on
determining the changes needed.  There are probably a lot of POSIX
assumptions made in the kadm5 or rpc code or elsewhere, and maybe use
of symbols exported from other libraries on UNIX but not part of the
official public ABI or the non-UNIX export lists (and thus subject to
removal from the export list on UNIX, and not to be added without
careful consideration on Windows or Mac).

Ken