Small leak in kadm5_get_init_creds

Tom Yu tlyu at MIT.EDU
Fri Mar 9 16:16:24 EST 2007

>>>>> "Jerry" == Jerry James <Jerry.James at usu.edu> writes:

Jerry> I found this on Fedora Core 6, which is using 1.5, but I downloaded the
Jerry> sources and found the same leak is present in 1.6.  The function
Jerry> kadm5_get_init_creds fails to clean up a principal before exiting.  This
Jerry> patch plugs the leak.

[...]

Jerry> I first sent this to kerberos at mit.edu, but the list management software
Jerry> classified the patch (which was attached) as a binary and quarantined
Jerry> it, and also threw away the text part of my message.  Is it configured
Jerry> that way on purpose?

Both your text and patch arrived intact as far as I could see on
kerberos at mit.edu, but I haven't checked to see if the archives have it
intact.  Is this bug related to ticket #1000 in our bug database?

http://krbdev.mit.edu/rt/Ticket/Display.html?id=1000

It looks similar, but it seems like it covers a different set of error
cases.

---Tom