Vista / UAC

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at secure-endpoints.com
Thu Mar 1 10:01:50 EST 2007

Tim:

I don't know what problem you are having but session keys can be read
just fine by non-Administrator accounts.

I log into Vista with my non-Administrator account from my 2003 domain.
I set the default ccache to MSLSA: and then startup a copy of Kermit 95
which I use to SSH gssapi-keyex into a host via a cross-realm
authentication.

[C:\kermit]set KRB5CCNAME=MSLSA:

[C:\kermit]k95g

[C:\kermit]klist
Ticket cache: MSLSA:
Default principal: userone at WINDOWS.SECURE-ENDPOINTS.COM

03/01/07 09:59:37  03/01/07 16:50:49
krbtgt/SECURE-ENDPOINTS.COM at WINDOWS.SECURE-ENDPOINTS.COM
        renew until 03/07/07 21:05:49
03/01/07 06:50:49  03/01/07 16:50:49
krbtgt/WINDOWS.SECURE-ENDPOINTS.COM at WINDOWS.SECURE-ENDPOINTS.COM
        renew until 03/07/07 21:05:49
03/01/07 09:55:18  03/01/07 16:50:49
host/redhat71.secure-endpoints.com at SECURE-ENDPOINTS.COM
        renew until 03/07/07 21:05:49

There is no UAC involved in this interaction.

UAC is only involved when the account is a member of the Administrators
group.

Jeffrey Altman
Secure Endpoints Inc.