Vista / UAC

Jeffrey Altman jaltman at secure-endpoints.com
Thu Mar 1 08:33:51 EST 2007

Tim:

Do you have these problems with a non-Administrator account?

Do you have these problems with an Administrator account that is running
with elevated privileges?

Under Vista an Administrator account cannot read session keys if UAC is
active and the process is not running with elevated privileges.

This behavior is different from previous Windows releases but it is how
Microsoft designed it.

Jeffrey Altman