Vista / UAC

Tim Alsop Tim.Alsop at CyberSafe.Com
Thu Mar 1 03:32:50 EST 2007

Jeffrey,

I also wanted to mention, that on Vista, when we set AllowTGTSessionKey
we don't get same results as on XP. On XP SP2 if this is not set or set
to 0 then the etype is shown as 0 in credentials cache, but on Vista the
etype is shown as 23 as it would be expected regardless of the
AllowTGTSessionKey presence/value. It is possible that
AllowTGTSessionKey is not working on Vista. Anyway, this is not the
issue I am asking for help on - I am only concerned with the session key
in service tickets.

I asked krbdev because I thought that kfw product was being enhanced to
support MS LSA cache and run on Vista. Our product has supported LSA
cache on XP, and XP x64 for a long time, and when we recently tested on
Vista we found these differences. I just wondered if MIT dev team had
also seen the same issues.

Thanks,
Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: krbdev-bounces at mit.edu [mailto:krbdev-bounces at mit.edu] On Behalf
Of Tim Alsop
Sent: 01 March 2007 07:28
To: jaltman at secure-endpoints.com
Cc: krbdev at mit.edu
Subject: RE: Vista / UAC

Jeffrey,

I am NOT referring to the TGT session key. I am using AllowTGTSessionKey
in registry and it is working as designed for the TGT session key.
However, when I use LSP functions to get the session key from a service
ticket this is not possible with UAC enabled, and there is no known
registry key to allow my code to read this key. I can read the key when
UAC is disabled, or when using an administrator account.

Thanks, Tim