Kerberos plug-in.

g.w@hurderos.org g.w at hurderos.org
Tue Jan 16 12:25:05 EST 2007

On Jan 15, 12:48pm, "Sconzo, Michael J" wrote:
} Subject: Kerberos plug-in.

Hi Michael, hope your day is going well.

> I'm trying to write a plug-in that will extend the name mapping
> functionality in 1.6, but I can't seem to find any useful
> documentation on writing a plug-in.
>
> So if you could point me in the right direction on some
> documentation or even a sample plug-in that would be helpful.

I don't know how wed you are to 1.6 and the MIT plugin architecture
but we have been working on a general plugin architecture for MIT
kerberos for a couple of years now.

Our FTP site has a pre-release candidate which has the latest version
of the patch for MIT 1.4.4 which implements the necessary
functionality.  There are sample plugins included in the sources as
well.

It is trivially easy to extend the functionality of our plugin
system.  The architectural goal was to provide a minimally invasive
system for adding outcall hooks at various critical points in the
architecture.

It would seem that only specific plugin functionality will be 'blessed'
by MIT.  There are certainly good reasons for that but if your need is
not 'blessed' you may need an alternate mechanism for extended
functionality.

> Thanks,

Good luck with your project.

Best wishes for a productive week.

}-- End of excerpt from "Sconzo, Michael J"

As always,
Greg

			 The Hurderos Project
         Open Identity, Service and Authorization Management
                       http://www.hurderos.org

"Given a choice between a complex, difficult-to-understand,
 disconcerting explanation and a simplistic, comforting one, many
 prefer simplistic comfort if it's remotely plausible, especially if it
 involves blaming someone else for their problems."
                                -- Bob Lewis
                                   _Infoworld_