referrals in 1.6

Nicolas Williams Nicolas.Williams at Sun.COM
Wed Feb 28 15:20:13 EST 2007

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 11:39:45AM -0500, Jeffrey Hutzelman wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 27, 2007 09:31:35 AM -0600 Nicolas Williams
> <Nicolas.Williams at Sun.COM> wrote:
> >A better UI would be nice, yes.  Specifically, it'd be nice to show the
> >input service principal name, the method used for canonicalizing it, and
> >the canonicalized name.
>
> Do you really want to bump the fcache format version again?
> Is making 'klist' provide details that most people will never use worth the
> compatibility issues that would result from such a version bump?

I hadn't looked at what could be done with the v4 ccache format, but
looking at it I see plenty of room to play with, though the result may
not be pretty.

Basically, I'd re-purpose the authz-data field to be a list of "other
stuff," with one of those other things being a list of authz data and
one being extensions for storing, e.g., canon method and what not.

Nico