Thread safety of GSSAPI with Kerberos V5 Release 1.4

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Wed Aug 29 12:17:01 EDT 2007

    nukala> Hi all, I am using GSSAPI of MIT Kerberos V5 Release 1.4
    nukala> on Linux, AIX and Solaris. I want to know whether the
    nukala> GSSAPI of 1.4 release is thread safe or not. If not,
    nukala> anyone can please tell me which version is thread safe.

1.4 is certainly intended to be relatively thread safe, but of course
  bug fixes have been introduced into 1.5 and 1.6.

For GSS-API, you need to make sure any given context is only being
used in at most one thread at any given time.

--Sam