Issues w/ timezones on gssftpd

Russ Allbery rra at stanford.edu
Mon Nov 27 23:38:10 EST 2006

Philip Prindeville <philipp at redfish-solutions.com> writes:

> Well, __GLIBC__ isn't so much platform-specific as it is compiler and
> run-time library specific, but I found a new patch that's simpler and
> more portable (it uses __USE_POSIX_ instead, which is portable).

I believe __USE_POSIX is an internal define used by glibc to selectively
enable portions of the header files.

The preferred way of handling issues like this is to probe, using
Autoconf, for the presence or absence of the specific behavior or bug that
one is trying to correct for, let Autoconf define an appropriate macro,
and make the code conditional on that macro.