need help with LDAP plug-in code and liblber dependency

Will Fiveash William.Fiveash at sun.com
Wed May 24 21:12:52 EDT 2006

On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 10:52:12PM -0400, Ken Raeburn wrote:
> On May 23, 2006, at 21:38, Will Fiveash wrote:
> >  Should kdb5_util support the create command with a ldap
> >plug-in?  If not, how does one prep the directory so that kadmind and
> >krb5kdc can use it as they do the db2 KDB?
>
> It would be nice, someday, but no, currently you need to use
> kdb5_ldap_util to create it.  I have a few notes in my email on how
> to do this; we should be getting manual updates at some point.

A couple of points here:

- I'm concerned about UI consistency in regards to the db utils.  I was
  thinking that once one loaded the krb schema into the directory and
  configured the k*.conf files to use the LDAP plug-in that they could
  then proceed to create the KDB as they did in the past using
  kdb5_util.  In the case where the LDAP plug-in is used, the

  kdb5_util create -r ACME.COM -s

  would interact with the LDAP directory and create the default
  principal records and local stash file.  If a krb container object is
  required then it would create this as well.

- Why is kdb5_ldap_util create required in order to access princ/policy
  records in the directory?  The man page states that kdb5_ldap_util
  create creates a realm object which I assume is optional.  Am I
  mistaken?

- How does one migrate an existing db2 KDB to a directory?  I was
  assuming that kdb5_util dump & load would be used.

- Regardless of the above kdb5_util should not core dump regardless of
  the backend being used.  There needs to be better NULL function
  pointer checking in the kdb code.

--
Will Fiveash
Sun Microsystems Inc.