Auditing Feature in Kerberos

K.G. Gokulavasan kgokulavasan at novell.com
Wed Mar 22 06:33:12 EST 2006

Hi,
  I think auth_time + principal_name can be used to link the TGT and
service ticket issued by TGS. The same information can be used for
auditing. Is this fine or is there a better way to link the TGT and
service ticket issued by TGS?

Regards,
 Gokul.

Sam Hartman wrote:

> I think that the big missing part of the current logging system that
> makes it hard to use for auditing is that it does not link service
> tickets that are issued by the TGS to the TGT used to issue them.

Cross realm auditing is also a problem, and identifing all the hosts
involved in delegation, even within the same realm.