LDAP schema and TL_DATA?

Praveenkumar Sahukar psahukar at novell.com
Tue Mar 14 06:43:00 EST 2006

Hi,

I've been looking at the new LDAP schema and plugin code and I am
confused as
to how TL_DATA such as:

#define KRB5_TL_LAST_PWD_CHANGE         0x0001
#define KRB5_TL_MOD_PRINC               0x0002
#define KRB5_TL_KADM_DATA               0x0003
#define KRB5_TL_KADM5_E_DATA            0x0004
#define KRB5_TL_RB1_CHALLENGE           0x0005
#ifdef SECURID
#define KRB5_TL_SECURID_STATE           0x0006

is stored.

>> KRB5_TL_LAST_PWD_CHANGE and KRB5_TL_MOD_PRINC tl_data type
information is stored/available in the LDAP database backend. The
KRB5_TL_LAST_PWD_CHANGE information is stored in the
>> krbsecretkey attribute. The KRB5_TL_MOD_PRINC information is derived
from the modifiersname and modifyTimestamp operational attributes.

Specifically can someone describe which attribute in the
schema holds the KRB5_TL_LAST_PWD_CHANGE data?

>> The krbsecretkey attribute holds the last password change
information. The last password change information is obtained from the
tl_data structure and embedded into the krbsecretkey attribute.

Does the schema/plugin code allow for new TL_DATA types without change
to the backend plugin code?

>> Currently the schema and the plug-in code does not allow new TL_DATA
types

Regards,
Praveen Kumar

>>> Will Fiveash <William.Fiveash at sun.com> 03/14/06 6:42 am >>>
I've been looking at the new LDAP schema and plugin code and I am
confused as
to how TL_DATA such as:

#define KRB5_TL_LAST_PWD_CHANGE         0x0001
#define KRB5_TL_MOD_PRINC               0x0002
#define KRB5_TL_KADM_DATA               0x0003
#define KRB5_TL_KADM5_E_DATA            0x0004
#define KRB5_TL_RB1_CHALLENGE           0x0005
#ifdef SECURID
#define KRB5_TL_SECURID_STATE           0x0006

is stored.  Specifically can someone describe which attribute in the

--
Will Fiveash
Sun Microsystems Inc.