question about princ type assignment in krb5_ldap_get_principal()

Will Fiveash William.Fiveash at sun.com
Mon Jun 19 13:42:19 EDT 2006

On Sat, Jun 17, 2006 at 11:23:00AM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:

> I guess my point is that outside of edirectory these attributes are
> not used, so I'm not sure why we on this list care about them.
>
> If you are trying to give Novell advice for their product, that's
> certainly reasonable, but please distinguish from advice for MIT
> Kerberos.
>
> Luke has made the point that he doesn't believe the edirectory
> specific behavior belongs in MIT Kerberos.  I can see both sides of
> that.  It would be nice to make Novell's merge and code maintinance
> job easier since they contributed the code.  However it would also be
> nice to make the code MIT ships cleaner.
>
> What we told Novell is that edirectory behavior was fine provided that
> it was under ifdefs.

I understand your point and I am aware of the "#ifdef HAVE_EDIRECTORY"
code sections and have avoided commenting on those because I understand
those contain function specific to Novell's eDirectory.  I made the
comment about the princ type logic because I was chasing a bug and ran
across that code which is not in a eDirectory section so I assumed it
was a general implemention issue.

--
Will Fiveash
Sun Microsystems Inc.