question about princ type assignment in krb5_ldap_get_principal()

Sam Hartman hartmans at MIT.EDU
Sat Jun 17 11:23:00 EDT 2006

I guess my point is that outside of edirectory these attributes are
not used, so I'm not sure why we on this list care about them.

If you are trying to give Novell advice for their product, that's
certainly reasonable, but please distinguish from advice for MIT
Kerberos.

Luke has made the point that he doesn't believe the edirectory
specific behavior belongs in MIT Kerberos.  I can see both sides of
that.  It would be nice to make Novell's merge and code maintinance
job easier since they contributed the code.  However it would also be
nice to make the code MIT ships cleaner.

What we told Novell is that edirectory behavior was fine provided that
it was under ifdefs.