MIT and the Novell LDAP Contribution

Henry B. Hotz hotz at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Jun 9 21:15:27 EDT 2006

On Jun 9, 2006, at 5:25 PM, krbdev-request at mit.edu wrote:

> Novell has done a great job.  They have also had tremendous challenges
> working with a complicated code base like MIT Kerberos that they were
> reasonably unfamiliar with, working with the limited resources we
> could give them discussing design, and yet they managed to deliver.
> Yes, there are problems that need to be fixed.  Yes there are
> improvements we all want.

Hear, hear!!

Especially since I've been critical, let me say that I realize this
has been a big job, and a useful addition.  The entire Kerberos
community is stronger for it.

Also, since I've not been involved in the design or coding, I hope
the people who *were* feel free to tell me if I'm off base.
----
Henry.B.Hotz at jpl.nasa.gov, or hbhotz at oxy.edu