concerns with ldap plugin and 1.5

Will Fiveash William.Fiveash at sun.com
Wed Jun 7 20:13:09 EDT 2006

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 03:55:14PM +0530, Rahul Srinivas wrote:
> I think there is a misunderstanding here. I am not favouring
> 'kdb5_ldap_util' over 'kdb5_util' for having the 'load' command. As you
> said, principals can be 'load'ed from a db2 dump into the directory through
> DAL. I mentioned 'kdb5_ldap_util' because currently all commands for realm
> management in a LDAP backend are in 'kdb5_ldap_util'. All I am saying is
> that such a basic 'load' funtionality will not be very useful. But, we
> could provide a 'load' command if required.

I can do:

kadmin.local -q 'addprinc william'

which creates a principal object.  One can make the case that if one
wants to integrate the principal auxiliary attributes with an existing
user object entry then having the addprinc create a unique principal
object instead of adding the attributes to the existing user object is
not useful however it is still supported by the ldap backend.  My
concern is providing a consistent UI amongst other things.

BTW, how does one create a new principal that is associated with a user
object entry?

--
Will Fiveash
Sun Microsystems Inc.