concerns with ldap plugin and 1.5

Rahul Srinivas srahul at novell.com
Wed Jun 7 06:25:14 EDT 2006

I think there is a misunderstanding here. I am not favouring
'kdb5_ldap_util' over 'kdb5_util' for having the 'load' command. As you
said, principals can be 'load'ed from a db2 dump into the directory through
DAL. I mentioned 'kdb5_ldap_util' because currently all commands for realm
management in a LDAP backend are in 'kdb5_ldap_util'. All I am saying is
that such a basic 'load' funtionality will not be very useful. But, we
could provide a 'load' command if required.