concerns with ldap plugin and 1.5

Will Fiveash William.Fiveash at sun.com
Mon Jun 5 17:38:25 EDT 2006

On Sat, Jun 03, 2006 at 05:28:19PM -0500, Will Fiveash wrote:

> >     Rahul> Hi, Principals are created by default under the realm's
> >     Rahul> subtree (the 'subtree' argument to 'kdb5_ldap_util create')
> >     Rahul> as service principals.  This can be overridden by one of
> >     Rahul> the following database specific options in 'kadmin'
> >     Rahul> 1. userdn=<user_dn> : Specifies the user object with which
> >     Rahul> the Kerberos user principal is to be associated.
> >     Rahul> 2. containerdn=<container_dn> : Specifies the container
> >     Rahul> object under which the Kerberos service principal is to be
> >     Rahul> created.
> >
> > OK, so if kdb5_util were made to have a clean enough interface so that
> > it didn't assume db2 and you tried loading a dump, it would work, you
> > would just get an ugly directory structure resulting.
>
> That was my expectation.

To elaborate, I was expecting that I could do a kdb5_util load and it
would recreate the KDB under the ldap_kerberos_container_dn.  I
understand that the problem becomes harder if one has krbPrincipalAux
attributes associated with non-krb structural classes like user or host.

--
Will Fiveash
Sun Microsystems Inc.