[krbdev.mit.edu #4057] GSSAPI opaque types should be pointers to opaque structs, not void*

Nicolas Williams Nicolas.Williams at sun.com
Tue Jul 25 19:33:25 EDT 2006

You may not want to declare the partial structs.

The difference between this:

struct gss_name_struct;
typedef struct gss_name_struct * gss_name_t;

and this:

typedef struct gss_name_struct * gss_name_t;

is that with the former you can't provide an actual definition for
gss_name_struct in libgss, but with the latter you can.  This in turn
saves the need for automatic variables and casting.

I know.  Sun did the former.  But we might fix that...