Novell and MIT moving forward on LDAP Plugin

Will Fiveash William.Fiveash at sun.com
Mon Jul 24 17:10:51 EDT 2006

On Tue, Jul 18, 2006 at 05:23:41AM -0600, Savitha R wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Following is the list of issues that Novell will be working on
>
> 1. Schema changes.
>
> 2. Support for ldapi://
> The LDAP server needs to be specified as LDAP URI in krb5.conf
> (ldap_server tag)

Does this work include support for more flexible LDAP bind specification
via the URI and a way to specify the SASL security mech. to use?

> 3. The code for princtype differentiation based on objectclass will be
> removed
>
> 4. Single principal on the LDAP object  with  subsequent
>  principal objects linked to the LDAP object.
>
> 5. Principal to LDAP object mapping based on some rules
> without mandating -x userdn option.
>
> 6. Replace the LDAP APIs which are deprecated in OpenLDAP 2.3
>
> We will be posting more information on 1, 4 and 5 separately.

Any idea when you plan on posting this information?  I was speaking with
Sam recently on how we can move forward and Sun would like to contribute
fixes/enhancements to the Novell LDAP plugin code but we do not want to
duplicate effort or work at cross purposes.

BTW, did you see the list of Sun LDAP plugin requirements?  Any comments
on that (if you do have some it would be better to respond on that other
e-mail thread)?

--
Will Fiveash
Sun Microsystems Inc.